Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Christmas Puddini Bonbons!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Alice35

Alice35

Christmas Puddini Bonbons! Empty
PostSubject: Christmas Puddini Bonbons!   Christmas Puddini Bonbons! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 9:56 pm

These are some of my favourite gifts! I made one batch, that I intended to give away, taste tested one . . . then ate the lot! over the next few hours lol. So I then decided to make three batches more! These were very well recieved by various members of my family, although they looked soooo sweet, I didn't have time to package them very nicely last year, but this year I will make sure I package them up better. I recommend them whole heartidly!

Link to the recipe and video Christmas Puddini Bonbons

Christmas Puddini Bonbons! Puddin10
Back to top Go down
Cookie

Cookie

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Puddini Bonbons!   Christmas Puddini Bonbons! I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 8:15 pm

I love these too! . . . . the trouble is they are so season specific, they don't give me chance to make them at any other time of the year! bounce

cookie cheers
Back to top Go down
JamesTK

JamesTK

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Puddini Bonbons!   Christmas Puddini Bonbons! I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 4:16 pm

Yep - add me to the list of fans of these things!
Back to top Go down
spvx36

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Puddini Bonbons!   Christmas Puddini Bonbons! I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 1:37 am

ngredients

125g best-quality dark chocolate, finely chopped
350g leftover, or freshly cooked and cooled, Christmas pudding
60ml sherry
2 x 15ml tablespoons golden syrup

FOR DECORATION:

100g white chocolate, finely chopped
6 red glacé cherries
6 green glacé cherries, or 6 short lengths angelica

Preparation

1 Line a baking sheet (that will fit in the fridge) with clingfilm, baking parchment, foil or Bake-O-Glide, and set it to one side while you make the bonbons.

2 Melt the dark chocolate in a heatproof bowl suspended above a pan of simmering water, or in the microwave according to the manufacturer's guidelines.

3 Crumble the cold Christmas pudding into a bowl, add the sherry and golden syrup and stir briskly till all is incorporated.

4 Pour in the melted dark chocolate and stir again: this will make the mixture much more cohesive.

5 To make this step easier, put on a pair of those disposable vinyl gloves sold in hardware stores and supermarkets, pinch out small lumps of mixture and roll so that you have little rounds about the size of a chocolate truffle. You should get about 30 out of this mixture; fight the impatient urge to make these balls larger as you go.

6 Cover with clingfilm and slot into the fridge to firm up.

7 To decorate, melt the white chocolate either in a heatproof bowl suspended over a pan of simmering water, or in the microwave according to the manufacturer's guidelines, then let it cool for about 5 minutes, to make it easier to work with, while you chop the red cherries into small pieces (to evoke berries), and snip the green cherries (or angelica) into miniature lengths, to represent leaves.

8 Using a teaspoon, drip a little of the melted but slightly cooled white chocolate on each bonbon, then arrange the infuriatingly sticky pieces of cherry on top.

9 Place in boxes to give away -- if you use small boxes that will fit 6 bonbons each, you will get 5 adorable presents out of this -- or on a plate to hand round with coffee, instead of dessert, after a post-Christmas dinner.
Back to top Go down
krvw87

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Puddini Bonbons!   Christmas Puddini Bonbons! I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 1:47 am

Hi there, here is the recipe for the christmas puddini's

Ingredients

* 125g best-quality dark chocolate, finely chopped
* 350g leftover, or freshly cooked and cooled, Christmas pudding
* 60ml sherry
* 2 x 15ml tablespoons golden syrup

FOR DECORATION:

* 100g white chocolate, finely chopped
* 6 red glacé cherries
* 6 green glacé cherries, or 6 short lengths angelica
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Puddini Bonbons!   Christmas Puddini Bonbons! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Christmas Puddini Bonbons!
Page 1 of 1