Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Brown Sugar Spice Biscuits

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Alice35

Alice35

Brown Sugar Spice Biscuits Empty
PostSubject: Brown Sugar Spice Biscuits   Brown Sugar Spice Biscuits I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 5:45 pm

These are great as hanging, edible decorations, just put a hole in the cookie before cooking.

Recipe From Nigel Slater: "The simplest of biscuits for Christmas. Dark, mildly spiced and the sort of crisp cookies you find hanging from Christmas trees all over Europe. If by any chance you are ever looking for the ideal mixture to make gingerbread men, then this is it."

Ingredients:

70g butter
80g light muscavado sugar
2 heaping tbsp black treacle or molasses
8 cardamon pods
250g plain flour
½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
2 level tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground ginger
1 egg yolk
3-4 tbsp milk
icing sugar

Method:

Set the oven at 180C/gas mark 4. Cream the butter and sugar together in a mixer till light and fluffy. Add the molasses. Break the cardamom pods open and crush the seeds finely. Add them to the mixture with the flour, bicarbonate of soda, egg yolk, cinnamon and ginger. Beat in a couple of tablespoons of milk, then slowly add more until you have reached a point where the mixture can be rolled out like pastry. Bring the ingredients together then roll out on a floured board like pastry.

Cut the biscuits into rounds, moons and stars. I sometimes do a few Christmas trees, too. Lay them on a lightly buttered baking sheet and bake for 12-14 minutes. Remove and cool on cooling rack.

Alice35
Back to top Go down
JamesTK

JamesTK

Brown Sugar Spice Biscuits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brown Sugar Spice Biscuits   Brown Sugar Spice Biscuits I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 4:02 pm

Wow, this recipe sounds right up my alley! Not too sweet, perfectly spiced for Christmas.

Thanks for posting this, I'm deffinately going to try this one!
Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Discuss Any General Christmas And Holiday Recipes :: Your Favourite Christmas Recipes Explained-
Jump to: